May the 4th Be with Us
Here’s the link!
You’ll also be receiving a hardcopy of this issue, because this is the Annual Meeting issue. (May 4 at the Albuquerque Marriott Hotel) It’s a big one, containing the usual information about unit meetings, other upcoming events and the book review, but also:
- a report on the year from the Co-Presidents
- proposals for changes in LWVNM program (discussion only; vote at State Convention in Los Alamos, May 18-19)
- the new slate of officers to vote upon, and their bios
- treasurer’s report and proposed budget for FY 2019-20
The April Unit Meetings will feature
- Luncheon, April 11: “Do Students Care about Our Democracy?” with Tonya Troske
- The Neighborhoods, April 9: Legislative Wrap-up with NM Senator Craig Brandt and NM Representative Jane Powdrell-Culbert
- NE Heights, April 22,
- Book review of AI Superpowers: China, Silicon Valley, and the New World Order by Kai-Fu Lee.