The May 2019 Voter is now available for you to read online or download! Be sure to do so ASAP, before the May 4 Annual Meeting and certainly before the May 17-19 LWV New Mexico State Convention! Some highlights of this issue:
- Report by the Co-Presidents, including a reminder that Albuquerque and Rio Rancho (and probably other municipalities) will be having elections this fall, and a call for volunteers to get out a Voter Guide
- Another reminder of the LWVCNM Annual Meeting May 4: deadline for brunch reservations is Monday, April 30; speaker will be Victor Reyes, Gov Lujan Grisham’s Director for Legislative Affairs
- LWVNM State Convention (May 17-19) still needs LWVCNM members as delegates! Also, any member is welcome to attend. Convention will be held in Los Alamos, with Land Commissioner Stephanie Garcia Richards as the banquet speaker.
- League Centennial is coming up in 2020! All levels of LWV are planning festivities and educational events – you can get involved, too! (please)
- Another representative to APD Forward, the police oversight organization, is needed.